A GREEK FEAST
Bringing a little slice of the Mediterranean to London for a lockdown dinner at home
With temperatures soaring in London during May, we decided to transport ourselves to the Mediterranean for a Greek inspired evening at home. Our Chelsea Blues look was crying out to us, with royal blue and bright white table linen and matching fine bone china.
Every place setting had a little strand of evil eye beads tied around each napkin along with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Crickets played (through speakers) and tzatziki was passed around the table twofold. Mythos beer was the drink of choice, imported from our local Greek deli, to add to authenticity... Yamas!
RECIPE FOR TZATZIKI
- 200g greek yoghurt
- 1/2 large lemon - squeezed the juice (avoid pips)
- 1/2 large cucumber (peeled and de-seeded) grate then wrap in a tea towel to squeeze out the excess moisture before adding to yoghurt mix
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 medium sized garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 sprig of dill (chopped) to garnish
- 1 drizzle of olive oil to serve
Let us create a table to transport you and your guests to a destination to your choice.